This was not an easy mix to piece together. I had to cut a few songs to make it work. The three that were cut had too upbeat of a build and downplayed the mood of the whole set. A lot of the pieces are connected by minimal piano or the droning sound of subconscious undertones.
After I submitted this mix late Saturday night, I went to bed. I woke up with 47 new emails of people commenting and liking this playlist. I was shocked. I went to the main website for 8tracks and soon I realized my mix was under “hot playlists”. That explains a lot.
By 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, the mix received 50 likes and over 200 listens.
The theme to this mix demonstrates the contrasting sound of Save the Moon classic. It’s the music I’d listen to on headphones, full blast. You want to fall into the music even if it’s darker for some to handle.
1. Jonny Greenwood - Open Spaces (There Will Be Blood)
2. Kronos Quartet - Samuel Barber’s Adagio (Winter Was Hard)
3. Alexandre Desplat - Good & Evil (The Tree of Life)
4. A Silver Mount Zion - Stumble Then Rise On Some Awkward Morning (He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms)
5. Clint Mansell - Death is the Road to Awe (The Fountain)
6. Clint Mansell - Welcome to Lunar Industries (Moon)
7. Alexandre Desplat - Fathers and Sons (Syriana)
8. Cliff Martinez - First Sleep (Solaris)
9. Michael Nyman - The Morrow (Gattaca)
10. Philip Glass - The Hours (The Hours)
11. Ludovico Einaudi - Fuori Dal Mondo (Fuori Dal Mondo)
12. Alexandre Desplat - Awakening (The Tree of Life)
13. Zbigniew Preisner - Lacrimosa (Requiem For My Friend)